Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Warrior Heir - The Heir Chornicles #1

The Warrior Heir was not what I expected it to be at all. What drew me in was the lovely cover but other then a remarkable cover The Warrior's Heir is pretty much an average story.

Jack seemed like any other sixteen year old boy at the start of the story and I am not really sure he developed in any remarkable way. I do not want to give away any spoilers but I loved the potential that occurred from Jack meaning to be a wizard but made a warrior. So much more could have been done with it.

While it seemed like other characters were being pushed into being main characters as well none of them seemed well thought out or developed in any way that I was able to think up something to say about them.

The character transitions bothered me a lot. They were not smooth or overly clear at any point. It took me several sentences at times to realize a different character was the focus. I also did not care for how Jack talked about his mother, sometimes it would be mom and other times Becka. This always threw me off while reading and I had to think for a moment who was actually present at the time since a moment before Becka had been referred to as mom.

I am not big on reading a series that deals with different main characters for each book so I am doubtful I will continue with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment