Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mistborn The Final Empire - Mistborn #1

At first I was not sure what to think when I started Mistborn and I almost gave up on it several times. I really wanted to like Mistborn though since I am a huge fan of Mr. Sanderson and his writing style. Mistborn starts out slow, really slow and drags in several parts. While the fight scenes do make up for some of the dragging it took a lot for me to continue with Mistborn.

Vin, she was an interesting character to say the least. Living the life of a street thief survival was her only real objective. Thankfully for her she has what she considers luck and is able to use to enhance her chances of survival until one day that luck gets her into trouble. That is when Keliser and his gang step in.

Keliser was one of the best written characters I have ever seen. It was impossible to know what Keliser was thinking or planning. While he came off as arrogant and egotistic he would suddenly do something that made him humble and caring. Even having finished the book I am still not sure what to think of Keliser overall.

Sazed was my favorite character by far and the ideas behind who and what he is were refreshing. I don't want to give away spoilers so I cannot say much about Sazed.

Like all of Mr. Sanderson's work things are rarely what they seem. I am very thankful I continued on with Mistborn since the overall story did not disappoint. I look forward to reading The Well of Ascension.

No comments:

Post a Comment