Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ignite Me - Shatter Me #3

Besides stunning it is not easy to describe the conclusion to Ignite Me trilogy. While I was not really sure what to expect when I started the Shatter Me trilogy in no way was I disappointed over anything.

Juliette, I think she is my new favorite young heroine. Condemned by society to live her life as something deadly she never strives for anything except staying alive and it was inspiring to see Juliette come into her own as she discovered that she has a right to be a person. While Juliette made mistakes, like anyone would, I love how Juliette looked to no one for acceptance and found her own happiness.

Adam was always a sore spot for me. While an in-depth, well thought out character I never cared for Adam. This makes it hard for me to see any development for Adam throughout the series. If anything I would say Adam sort of reverted as the series continued which was a shame. I wanted to see Adam stand on his own like Juliette learned to.

Warner is hard to sum in a few words. Way more to Warner then I first thought and in a lot of ways his development was more shocking then Juliette. The son of the leader of the establishment and seen as a monster by those around him Warner was happy to play the role and I love his reasons for being that way.

Normally with three characters a love triangle occurs and it drives me crazy but I enjoyed all the interaction among Juliette, Adam, and Warner. Nothing was far out or cliche and without a doubt it is one of the best love triangles I have ever read.

My only complaint is I want to know more about Kenji. While Kenji was around for comic relief and to break tension at times I liked the parts Kenji was in. I just wish I got a bit more of Kenji's story.

While the writing was well done I did see a couple typos but nothing that hindered the enjoyment of Ignite Me in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment