Sunday, March 15, 2015

Curse of the Bane - The Last Apprentice/Wardstone Chronicles #2

Curse of the Bane was just as fast paced and action packed as Revenge of the Witch.

Thomas is still undergoing his training and with six months under his belt he seems a bit more confident in his skill though it could also be his age since he is thirteen. Moving away from the theme of witches a new foe is introduced, the Bane, an ancient evil that was once revered as a God. Not even Thomas's master knows much about the Bane.

Alice makes another appearance and once again walks the line between good and bad. Despite Alice having another large roll in the story little is known about her since nothing is shared from her point of view. However since she always seems to come through for Thomas I would like to think she is more good then bad.

Once again parts left me on edge and had my heart racing at times but I could not stop reading. I enjoy the writing style and the pace of the writing is really smooth. I look forward to reading Night of the Soul Stealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment