Sunday, July 19, 2015

Will Poole's Island

Unfortunately I found the most interesting part of Will Poole's Island to be the back cover. For some reason it seemed like I was constantly waiting for the story to start and the next thing I knew I was at the end of the story.

Will did not really stand out to me. It just seemed like Will attracted trouble due to being restless but Will never knew how to get out of trouble and relied on Squamiset to get him out of trouble every time.

Squamiset was an interesting character, I wanted to know more about him and the Indian practices he partook of. One thing did really bother me despite Will asking Squamiset questions he never answered any. The biggest one how Squamiset knew who Will was.

The other thing that bothered me was despite Will having an older brother the family servant was named his guardian upon the death of his father. That just seemed a bit out of place.

Well done writing and smooth flow to it. Just the story line did not appeal to me as much as I had hoped it would.


No comments:

Post a Comment