Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

I was nominated by Marie at Pages to Explore for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you Marie, so nice of you to nominate me!
The Blogger Recognition Award was originally created by Eve at Edge of Night. A big thank you to Eve for coming up with the awesome award. 

Here are the rules:
  • Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you. (I know I need to nominate more people I just do not follow many blogs and have little time to find more to follow.)
  • Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
    • Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  • Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
 How I got started:

While I have always been an avid reader keeping a record of books I have read over the years never occurred to me until I started talking to Marie who introduced me to her blog and Goodreads. After some time writing reviews for Goodreads Marie started to urge me to form a book blog. Finally in Fall of 2014 I took Marie's advice and began to work on the blog. While I still have a lot to learn about blogging I am having a ton of fun doing it. Thanks to reading other blogs I have found many wonderful books and look forward to finding many more over the years to come. 

Tips for other bloggers:
  •  Do not be embarrassed to say what you really think of the book. Not every book is going to be liked by everyone. Even if the book is super popular and was not your style do not be afraid to be honest.
  • Do not stress over posting, if you are busy with real life take a step back from the blog if you need to. People will understand.
  • Venture out and make friends through blogging! Clearly you already have something in common with people who maintain book blogs!
  • Be creative and make your blog yours, while you can listen to constructive criticism go with what feels right for you in the look of your blog. 
  • Enjoy your time blogging! 

My Nominations:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination! These are all great tips for blogging. I think Goodreads was the first time I connected with people online who also loved books like I did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great group of women to be in company with.
    Congrats, firstly, on receiving the award.
    Thank you so much for passing it along to me. There's nothing more humbling than per recognition. :-)
    My first book-love connection place online was Book Blogs on Ning.com. It was where I was introduced to the PR agents for many publishing companies. Facebook became a huge thing too. I then learned about Goodreads and it blossomed from there.

    ReplyDelete