Sunday, July 26, 2015

Paris

Paris was not at all what I expected it would be. I like historical books so I have been eager to read one of Edward Rutherfurd's works. While Paris was not bad it just did not work for what I enjoy in a story.

The characters were all well thought and written exceptionally well, at times I felt like I was standing on a street in Paris watching the characters. However I did not like how the story jumped around so much. I can get used to many character point of views in a book but the time hopping threw me and I constantly had to flip back through the story to check I was recalling the right characters. Around the half way point I just stopped flipped and finished Paris by skimming it.

My other complaint was some of the characters that were just mentioned briefly sort of just disappeared (to be fair I could have missed them while skimming) and I wanted to know more about them.

All in all Paris is not a bad book just not a book suited to my tastes.


No comments:

Post a Comment