Thursday, July 9, 2015

Friday 56: Will Poole's Island

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. 
 
 Will Poole's Island paperback book page 56:

The gaol cell was dark and reeked of mold. The only furnishings on the straw-covered floor was a fresh round of elm, most likely sawn from the same stout trunk felled to make Natonck's chopping block.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting. I wonder why he's in jail. My BB and 56 this week come from The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got Will Poole's Island in the mail yesterday so I am eager to know why he is in jail as well.

      Delete
  2. I like the descriptive language in this excerpt. Forget the cell, that chopping block doesn't sound too promising either. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the descriptive writing packed into a very intriguing snippet. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the cover art. Looks like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So visual and I could almost feel the dankness. Nice one:) Have a lovely weekend and thanks for visiting my post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a twisted read. Today I am featuring The Mask by Taylor Stevens
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/07/friday-56-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, intense, thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy your current read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know why he's in gaol. :) Sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I'd need a dictionary to read this one... lol...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evocative description and I'm awfully glad I'm not there!

    ReplyDelete