Saturday, November 29, 2014

Shatter Me - Shatter Me #1

I was not really sure what I was getting into when I picked up Shatter Me for one thing the title turned me off and the description did not have much to go off of. Despite that I am glad I gave it a try since I could not put it down.

Juliette was not how I expected her to be at all. In some ways I found her character unbelievable and in other ways too believable. She seemed to go through bouts of madness and my own personal opinion is that she is crazy in some ways but not others. Definitely not crazy enough to warrant being locked in an asylum. Normally clingy females bother the daylights out of me but seeing as how Juliette had to deal with everything alone for the majority of her life I can understand why she was clingy at times. 

I would like to know more about Adam, I am not fully sure I trust everything about him. He honestly seems too good to be true and I don't like that in a lot of ways. His relationship with Juliette was a bit unbelievable at times and portrayed in what I feel was a clumsy way.

Normally I do not care for the figures portrayed as the "villain" but I thought Warner was well done, developed, and I want to know more about why he is the way he is. 

The writing bothered me at times. The styled jumped around a good deal and at times I had to re-read to figure out what was going on. I did like the style of how writing was crossed out at times, it made Juliette seem more real at times. I look forward to the sequel and learning the rest of Juliette's story.

6 comments:

  1. Warner... I love him, and Adam is a jerk. You should also read the two novellas. Destroy Me and Fracture Me. (Destroy Me is told from Warner POV and Fracture Me is told from Adam's POV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the end of the series you'll probably feel the same way. By the end of the series I wanted to punch Adam in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up I had no clue the series had novellas. I am on the library waiting list for the second book. I will look and see if they have the novellas.

    I am so happy to hear I am not the only one on edge about Adam. Something about him just seems off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The novellas should be really cheap, but they are also sold in a bind up, called Unite Me. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for letting me know. The library did not have them so I will look for Unite Me and see if they have that one. If not I will have to buy them. I cannot miss out on something from Warner's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should also know that Warner's book the time line kind of takes place between the first and second book, and Adams book takes place between the second and third book.

      Delete