Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ice Kissed - Kanin Chronicles #2

Ice Kissed was an emotional roller coaster for me. Normally I do not like books that make me cry but I did enjoy the reason I was shedding tears this time.

Bryn is an awesome heroine who is stubborn beyond belief. That stubbornness gets her into a good deal of trouble but it also helps her excel at being a tracker. Work is Bryn's life and while she seems desperate to let go and have fun she is not quite sure how to. Once again Bryn has issues with letting other people help her in any way and when she finally relents it explodes in her face. Due to all the emotional trauma Bryn suffered I wonder how Byrn will hold up emotionally as the series continues.

Ridley just made brief appearances in Ice Kissed. I am not overly fond of Ridley he does not seems as developed as other characters.

 I do hope Konstanstin is actually in the third book, his appearance in Ice Kissed was way too brief.

My biggest problem with Ice Kissed was an intimate scene going past PG13, I read young adult to avoid that. I hope it is not a trend that is continued since I want to read the next book in the series.

Ice Kissed is full of lovely passages of writing, even when something bad was happening the writing continued to be lovely. 

2 comments:

  1. This series is on my 'Want to read List.'


    Also, I have nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award.
    Head over here to see what it's all about. :)
    http://pagestoexplore.blogspot.com/2015/06/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this. The cover reminded me of Anna from Frozen haha.

    mimi @ http://bookfanaticss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete