Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Carol Book Tag

I saw this on Marie's Blog and it looked like fun.

"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
A Character that You Love to Hate:
 
Such a tough choice since I have a love hate relationship with several characters. I have to go with James Rampling from Confessions: The Paris Mysteries. I never trusted James from the start and his true colors show through in Confessions: The Paris Mysteries.

"All I Want for Christmas is You" 
What Book You Most Want to See Under Your Christmas Tree:
 
Harry Potter: The Creature Vault: The Creatures and Plants of the Harry Potter Films has some awesome looking pictures in it. I could see myself spending hours just looking at the pictures. 

"Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer"
Favorite Character Who Had to Overcome an Obstacle:
 
This one is hard for me since I am in the middle of reading a lot of series and while several characters show promise I wont be sure until I finish the series. That is why I am going with Charles Fitzgerald from The Black Sheep's Redemption. Having to deal with the trauma of his wife leaving him, PTS from his time in Afghanistan, and watching his family being accused of covering up the murder of his nanny to keep him out of prison gives Charles plenty to overcome. 
 
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
A Character at the Top of Santa's Nice List and a Character at the Top of Santa's Naughty List:
 
Top of Santa's nice list has got to be Owen Palmer from Enchanted Inc. Owen seriously wrote the book on going out of ones way to do the right thing and be a nice guy while doing it. 

Top of Santa's naught list A.D. Janson from the The Maze Runner trilogy. I seriously wanted to sock Janson more time then I can count. 

"Frosty the Snowman"
A Book that Melts Your Heart:
Takes a lot for a book to get to me but Vain had me in tears several times. 
 
"Feliz Navidad"
A Book or Series that Takes Place in a Country Other Than Your Own:
 
Austenland  was mainly set in Europe. A little bit in the US but I did not read too many books set in other countries this year. 

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
A Book You Read to Get in the Christmas Spirit:
 
I know it is cliche but A Christmas Carol always gets me in the Christmas spirit. 
 
"Sleigh Ride"
A Character You Most Want to Spend Christmas With:

Ethan from Glimmerglass, while he may be a player he still knows how to have fun and he can do magic. Ensuring I have a white Christmas.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside"
A Book You Hate So Much that You'd Burn it to Stay Warm:
 
Well I am not usually one for burning books but I will make an exception for Dante's Kiss. It was beyond horrible in every way. I think my brain cells died while trying to read it, only good thing was I did not pay money for the it. It is an insult to literature in my opinion.
"Do You Hear What I Hear?"
A Book You'd Recommend to Everyone:
 
Another hard one but I am going with Steelheart. Superheros are crazy popular right now and Steelheart twists that around into something new and fresh. It is an interesting taking on the whole save the world thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment