Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Isla and the Happily Ever After

Isla and the Happily Ever After was a disappointment for me. I should have stopped with Anna and the French Kiss since it was the only one in the series I really liked.

Isla reminded me of myself a lot and I do not like to read about characters that way. Quiet, studious, and loyal to her friend Isla makes top grades but has no clue about her future. Harboring a crush on Josh for years she has no clue how to tell him even when Josh becomes single. Lacking self confidence Isla makes more problems for herself and does not want to let herself be happy.

Josh is upset his friends have graduated and does not care about school anymore. Getting into a drawing school is all he cares about so Josh often skips school and ignores meritorious warnings to behave. Unlike the previous two books I did not see much character in Josh.

The writing was not bad and it read well just the story was too cliche for my taste. I also did not like how the intimate scenes got a bit more detailed in Isla and the Happily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment