Thursday, August 6, 2015

Follow the River

I had really high hopes for Follow the River and I have been meaning to read it for years.

I devoured the first hundred and fifty pages or so but after that I got bored with Follow the River which surprised me. I expected the story to pick up when Mary escaped not slow down. The writing just got repetitive and it seemed like all the rest of the story was about was how Mary and the Dutch woman were hungry and cold. I get that was a huge struggle for them during their journey but after reading a hundred pages of how they just kept looking for food I got bored with it and just skimmed the rest of the parts until the end.

The writing while not bad I did not find outstanding. Just too repetitive for me to fully enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment