Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Initiate & The Transfer - Divergent .01 &.02

Both are short stories and both focus on Four. While I did not really care for the Divergent trilogy I enjoyed Four a lot in the books and wanted to get to know more about him.

The Transfer was a bit hard for me to read in parts since it detailed physical abuse which makes me cringe. I loved the inner struggled Four displayed and it came off as believable to me. The writing was well done because I ended up hating Marcus and rooting for Four to find the courage to break free.

The Initiate I did not care for too much. The story did not seem that strong to me and while it was nice to see more of Four I am not sure that the idea for the short story was really enough for a short story.

Really short reviews since both books were short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment