Friday, October 3, 2014

The Death Cure - The Maze Runner #3

I am not even really sure what to say about The Death Cure. It was not what I was expecting at all and that is not a good thing. The Maze Runner trilogy started out amazing and just went downhill with The Scorch Trials and especially The Death Cure.

The best part for me by far was Thomas. He never stopped being an interesting character and I loved how defiant he was. Doing what felt right to him and going with that. Despite numerous struggles in his life Thomas never gave up but part of that could have been him never having the chance to really dwell on anything going on since everything continued to move very quickly throughout the book.

The Maze Runner was a solid well written book but it feels like James Dashner did not know where he was going with the series so he just sort of did something with the rest of the series. Answers were not really provided on most things and several partial answers were given that left the reader to interpret things. One thing I did appreciate was that the repetitiveness I saw in The Scorch Trials went away for the most part, that is pretty much what let me finish reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment