Monday, October 13, 2014

Vain - The Seven Deadly #1

Vain took me by surprise, I was not expecting half the things that happened over the course of the story nor was I expecting to enjoy it as much as I did.

The premise starts out like a fair number of books I have read. Spoiled rich girl who gets anything she wants that costs money. Father and Mother non existent so the child turns to partying and illegal actives. Due to this I had a hard time getting into Vain. I actually read the first chapter then put it down for almost two weeks before trying again and I am glad I tired again. Never did I think Sophie would end up paying for her "fun" in some other way then jail time.

Sophie drove me crazy at first. I could not stand her self-entitled rich brat attitude which is what I am fairly sure the author wanted to portray. Thankfully the more I read the more I started to like Sophie. Her transformation was breathtaking and totally believable. Sophie's relationships with the people around her were amazing. Not only was everyone able to deal with her spoiled brat attitude at first but they just slowly changed her with the one thing she had never felt like she had love and it was beautiful.

Despite all the ups, downs, and major feels in Vain it did not make me cry which sort of surprised me since it had some moments that were suppose to tug at the reader's heart hard core.

Another huge plus of the book the writing was amazing. Smooth, flowing, lovely, a work of art in it's own.

I could easily see myself re-reading Vain some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment