Friday, March 31, 2017

This is Where it Ends

This is Where it Ends is not my usual choice of book however since I read a few pages in the bookstore months ago I have been unable to get it out of my head.

The story occurs in less then an hour but changes the lives of every student at Opportunity High. A normal school assembly turns into a massacre when a former student chains the doors shut and locks the students inside to start shooting them. Told from the point of view of four different students at times the story feels far too surreal and horrifying to keep reading yet I was unable to stop.

I always find it a bit more challenging to review a true story so I tend to just focus on the writing and how it makes me feel. Horrifying, chilling, heartbreaking, angry, and hopeful where among the vast array of emotions I felt. Every person was written well and made it feel like I knew them. A powerful and eye opening read.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, this scenario has come true in our lives. It's frightening and sad. I can see how it would feel difficult to put the book down.

    ReplyDelete