Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Cage

The lovely cover is what drew me to try out the The Cage.

While Cora does seem her own person she comes off as cookie cutter at times. I do read a lot of dystopian stories though so I am sure that is part of it. Having had a stressful life Cora has no clue what to think when she wakes up in the middle of the desert with no memory of how she got there. Wanting to know what is going on Cora starts walking and meets four other people who have no idea how they got where they are. At first everyone has the idea they want to go home and nothing else but slowly that seems to change. I did love how Cora was written, at times I thought she was crazy, other times I thought she was the only sane person.

The story was mainly told from Cora's point of view but at times the point of view changed which was nice since it gave me just enough on what everyone else was thinking. I had some issues with the writing sadly while the overall story was well done I noticed grammar errors several times. The ending was not my favorite, I know it is a series but it sort of felt like things just stopped. I do want to know what happens to Cora though so I plan on continuing the series when The Hunt is released.


No comments:

Post a Comment