Monday, November 16, 2015

Black Hills

Nora Roberts it not my usual genre but my Grandma asked me to read Black Hills so we could talk about it. It seemed like it took me forever to get Black Hills read and it had a bunch of filler. If the book cut out about half the filler I think I would have enjoyed it more.

Lil has always dreamed of having an animal sanctuary. Working hard to make that happen Lil does all she can to provide nice homes for the wild cats in the Chance preserve. Everything seems to be going Lil's way until returning from a trip to South America she learns her first love is back in town. Things get complicated quickly when it is clear someone is hunting down Lil.

Coop never stopped loving Lil so when it is clear someone is hunting her down Coop is determined to make sure that does not happen. A former cop and private eye Coop is willing to use every tool at his disposal to make sure Lil stays safe.

It seemed to take forever for the actual story to start, the first hundred pages were just filler. I am not a fan of overly intimate scenes and Black Hills had several. Despite having so much filler I did not feel like I really got to know the characters. The story seemed to jump between Lil and Coops relationship and the thriller part. The writing just did not come off as a smooth as things were woven together. I doubt I will ever try another Nora Roberts book again since they are not a genre I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment