Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Catered Thanksgiving

A Catered Thanksgiving was my very first foodie mystery. I liked the change of genre however it always made me hungry while reading it so I am not sure I want to read foodie mysteries often.

Bernie and Libby seemed super generic so much in fact I could not really tell them apart. I am not sure if this was due to A Catered Thanksgiving being later on in the series or if it was poor writing. Either way neither sister left an impression on me.

The mystery itself came off as weak and if clues were dropped to who the murdered I was never saw them not even after finishing the book. Character development was funky in parts as well. The family was painfully horrible and I seriously find it hard to believe one family could have so many far out crazy people in it. If I get brave enough to try the foodie mystery genre it will not be another book by Iris Crawford.

No comments:

Post a Comment