Monday, February 16, 2015

The Last Apprentice Revenge of the Witch - The Last Apprentice/Wardstone Chronicles #1

The Last Apprentice was not what I was expecting at all. For one thing it was a good deal shorter then I was expecting but it did not really read like a short book. The plot line was fast moving but never overwhelming nor did it seems like events were crammed in to make the story work out for a short book.

Thomas is still a bit of a mystery and while that is intentional I want to know more about him. It was stated several times that Thomas is the seventh son of a seventh son and that is extremely important but other then being able to see things other people cannot it does not go into many other details about the importance of Tom's birth. From all the hints dropped Tom's mother is special as well, I hope it is revealed in a later book why she is special. My favorite thing about Tom was he constantly got things wrong and reacted believable to getting things wrong. Instead of admitting he did something wrong to his teacher he tried to fix problems himself and just ended up causing himself more problems.

 Alice, not much was revealed about Alice so it is hard to know what her real motives are. In a long line of witches it would seem that her fate is unavoidable.

The writing was to the point and unnecessary detail and filler was not part of the book. Parts of the story did scare me but despite that I wanted to keep reading to understand all that was going on. I eagerly look forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment