Monday, May 1, 2023

The Heir

 

I had hoped I would continue to like The Selection series with The Heir but I should have stopped once America's story ended. 


Eadlyn is one of the most annoying, bratty, spoiled, and rude characters I have ever read. I will give this she is consistent and does not have moments of breaking protocol on how horrible she is in the story. Most of the time I just want to shake her and tell her to stop being such a brat. Despite that I do realize she has a heavy burden on her shoulders, becoming the first ruling queen of a country that has had male rulers since it was found. Also it does not help that everyone spoils her, maybe if she was not so pampered she would have a chance at a more normal life. 


The writing held through the same as the selection and it was nice to see the story told from the point of the person choosing. I feel like I know none of the boys most of the story focused on Eadlyn going poor me why do I have to do this and people should just love me. Just for the sake of finishing the series I will stick with the story and see if the library has The Crown available to borrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment