Friday, May 12, 2023

How to Sell a Haunted House

 

I really have no clue why my sleep deprived mind choose How to Sell A Haunted House since I do not like horror stories. Good thing I found the "horror" humorous and was not even slightly scared. 


Warning spoilers ahead. 


Louise is happy with her life except for the drama caused by her parents favoring her irresponsible younger brother whom they baby. Despite that she focuses on raising her daughter and being the best single parent she is able to. All that changes when her brother calls to inform her that both her parents have died in a car accident. Horrified at both of them being gone Louise quickly bundles her daughter off to his father so she can fly home and help deal with the estate. 


I was expecting jump scares of things not making sense and a normal house. The house was far from normal and considering it was full of creepy dolls and odd looking puppets it was very obvious that one of the dolls or puppets was behind the "haunting." Personally I have never had a fear of dolls coming alive to kill me so maybe that is why the story did not scare me in the slightest. The writing was super fluffy with far too much time spent on naming each puppet or doll individually. The injuries were not believable, like getting bite to the bone by a dog on the ankle then still able to get up and run. Deep scratches but the hospital not tending to that. Just seemed out of whack with what would really happen in reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment