Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Nanny Diaries

 

I wanted a lighter read after finishing Dawnlands so I choose The Nanny Diaries


While the story held my attention enough to keep reading I was pretty bored with the overall plot line. Mom's who want their kids to be seen never heard and locked away when they do not want to show them off. Expecting a young child to be perfect all the time and not explore like kids want to just seemed so unrealistic. My other issue was the main character's name was not revealed until around page two hundred. I thought it was a disrespectful thing calling her Nanny and not her name but maybe it was a nickname? Add in a misbehaving child that just wants attention from his parents and you have an odd mix of a story with sad yet funny moments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment