Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Five Total Strangers

 

I have not been interested in reading before bed and I could not figure out why but apparently it was just the books I was trying. Five Total Strangers kept me up reading long past my bed time. Unfortunately the main reason I kept reading was never answered at the end. A huge plot hole which was a moving point of the plot not being answered is beyond frustrating. 


Mira is on her way to see her mom for Christmas when a storm grounds all planes. Determined to get home she agrees to ride with a girl who sat next to her on the plane. All is going well until she realizes the plane companion has invested three other people. Still determined to get home Mira ignores her instincts and gets into the car with four strangers. 


Of course nothing goes smoothly along the journey and soon Mira realizes she is in way deep. Still determined to get home Mira does her best to ignore her strange companions as mother nature fights to keep them from moving onward. 


The writing was okay, nothing stand out. Character development was not existent but since the story focused on five people you really do not learn much about any of them. One of the main mysteries is never solved. Other problems as well occur and when you get to the end it is so weakly held together I wonder why I spent so much time frantically reading to figure out who was lying. I will not be seeking out more of Mrs. Richard's work since I like mysteries to be solved not left to the imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment