Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Night She Disappeared

 

The Night she Disappeared was an impulse checkout from the digital library. Even though I have three library cards I still struggle to get books on my to read list due to a long waiting time for them.


I really loved the first chapter and how the writing drew me into learning the story. I started to loose interest after Lisa was introduced. Made no sense having her working on the mystery of a teens who disappeared when she did not know them, was not connected to the town, and only interested because she was a mystery writer. 


The plot got super confusing as it jumped around between people and time periods which made no sense. The only reason I really continued to read is because I had nothing else to read at the time. I did not care about any of the characters and the overall mystery seemed far fetched and highly unbelievable. I will not seek out more of Lisa Jewell's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment