Tuesday, June 21, 2022

 

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and other Deadly Magic has been on my Nook for awhile, I think it was a Free Friday book. I really need to start reading books on my Nook instead of constantly choosing library books. 


Jade is happily running her bakery and not interested in any drama in her life. Unfortunately for her drama shows up at her doorstep when a vampire suddenly makes himself known by hanging outside of her bakery. Lucky for her the wards her Grandmother put up keep the creature at bay however Jade cannot live inside her whole life and thus has to exit at some point knowing the vampire will be waiting. 


A light read with some fun characters, I like how Jade developed into her own strength as the story progressed. She did seem a bit teenagerish when she was determined to handle all her problems on her own which was a bit annoying. The side characters were vibrant and full of life, I look forward to learning about more of them as the series progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment