Sunday, April 24, 2022

Monster

 

I cannot recall if I got Monster from the local Free Library or the second hand store. No matter what it is a hard book to read and I totally see it being required reading for a high school class.


Honestly I have no clue how to even describe Monster, it was written from the point of view of Steve who is on trail for murder. However he wrote it like a movie scene except for his private journal entries which took place in jail. 


The only reason I kept reading was to see what the jury would decide for Steve. You never really get a run down of what happened at the crime scene just some speculation. It is super dry reading with no way to connect to the characters. All the characters were impossibly hard to keep straight since not one of them were described in any detail. Fast reading though since most pages only had a handful of sentences on them due to it being written in script format. 



No comments:

Post a Comment