Thursday, November 11, 2021

Jingle Bell Bark

 

I found Jingle Bell Bark in the local free library and since I read another store in the series I figured I would give it a try. 


Once again Melanie is caught up in a murder mystery. When her son's ever punctual bus driver is late Melanie is concerned and rightly so when she sees a new face driving the bus. Determined to find out what is wrong and getting no answers from the school Melanie with her friend visits the bus drivers house only to learn he had died of heart failure from a neighbor. Things get worse when a local detective calls Melanie demanding to know why she was in the house of the deceased, after explaining she took the two large golden retrievers so they would be cared for the detective informs her that the bus driver was murdered. Happy to let the police figure out the crime Melanie goes on with her life until the deceased's daughters enter her life, wanting as little to do with them as possible Melanie decides she must solve the case. 


I would say the Melanie mysteries are a cozy mystery without the cooking. I do like the aspect of the dogs being in every book but some of the show stuff goes over my head. However they are fun stories, well written, and cute. A good book to pass some downtime when you just want to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment