Thursday, November 18, 2021

Idle

 

I managed to do enough surveys to get a gift card for my Nook and immediately bought Idle. Thankfully I enjoyed it more then Fury


Lily feels like she has no future except to do drugs, party with her friends, and hide from her abuse step father. Idle in her ways no had better tell her to better herself that is until a series of unexpected events leads her to rethinking her situation. 


Like all the previous books Lily was a character with wonderful development. The reader really gets inside her head as she struggles with life and learning how to be an adult in some regards. While a serious story it also has light hearted moments and despite Lily suffering from sloth she is a likeable character.


The writing was smooth and easy to read. A couple parts were told from a side characters point of view but I felt like it enhanced the story. I felt a whole range of emotions for Lily so that is one way I judge on how well a character is written. It did take me a bit to get into the story since I got bored just reading about how all Lily wanted to do was drugs, drink, and party. I am glad I stuck with it though.



Does anyone know anything about Lust? Any rumors on when it may be released?

No comments:

Post a Comment