Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things

 

Furiously Happy has been on my to read list since I saw in the bookstore but since I only buy books I will read multiple times I did not get it. When visiting out of town family I checked their local free library and saw it sitting there waiting for me. Despite someone having written notes all over the book I pushed through and did my best to ignore the scribbles. 


Despite spending a good deal of time slowly reading and digesting what Jenny Lawson wrote I am still not really sure what the overall story was about? Mrs. Lawson spend time talking about mental health so was Furiously Happy just a collection of the ravings of a person with a lot of mental disorders or was it something deeper? I really could not tell you. I did enjoy the unique writing style with lots of PS and footnotes include. Some of the humor I feel went over my head, other parts felt a bit childish, and then some parts hit home. Either this is a brilliant work of literary or the writings of someone who is smart enough to make money off their wild thoughts. Either way it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment