Friday, November 12, 2021

Among the Hidden

 

Among the Hidden was the only book in the local free library so I grabbed it. When I read the back it sounded vaguely familiar and it was not until I read a chapter or so I recalled reading this years ago.


Luke is not suppose to exist, he is a third child in a world where only two children are allowed. Hidden away his whole life he is feeling more and more alone as his privilege to leave the house or even the upstairs starts to disappear. Determined to forge his own way Luke finds a secret way to look outside and sees a face in a house across the yard. That house already has two children though. 


Obviously this is a middle school book so it was written with a younger audience in mind. Despite that the story was engaging and fast paced. The writing flowed smoothly and despite being told entirely from Luke's point of view you did feel like you got to know the handful of other characters enough to understand their point of view. If I see the rest of the series in the free library I will make sure to grab it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment