Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine is the third book in the I Am Number Four series. Once again I was caught off guard since the story was not told from Nine's point of view.

Having lost his best friend in the Mog fortress and becoming wounded from an aerial poison Four is struggling on what road to take. Overjoyed at having freed Nine the two boys debate about the best path to take and end up disagreeing throughout the whole story. Their bickering did get tiresome, girls are a bit catty so I can them bickering easier then two teenage boys.

Six having gone in search of seven is delighted upon discovering not only seven but ten as well. Safely reunited the three guarde go in search of number eight who is rumored to be in India. Chased by the Mogs the girls have to quickly hurry as they race the clock trying to reunite all the members of the guarde for the battle against the Mogs.

Almost every chapter was a cliff hanger and I hated that. I would just get into the part about one of the groups and it would switch to the other group. Drove my crazy. Since more people are being introduce more points of view are appearing and I do still wish for a little part at the start of each chapter saying whose point of view it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment