Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I Am Number Four

I cannot recall how I got a sample of I Am Number Four downloaded on my Nook but I am glad I did. I spent far too many nights saying to myself just one more page.

John Smith is living a lie, everything from his name to his existence. Having fled his home planet during an invasion from another alien species John and eight others are the sole hope of his race. However three of those nine are now dead and John is next on the list. Hoping for a new start in Paradise Ohio John goes to school and works at blending in. He ever makes friends with a boy in his class who is into aliens and works on confessing his crush to the cutest girl in school. For the most part everything is normal for John except for the worry that he will have to fleet at any moment to avoid his pursuers.

What wonderful writing, vivid storytelling, and imaginative aliens. I was in shock realizing I had read hundreds of pages, nothing felt like filler. Feels like I blinked and the story was over. I already have The Power of Six downloaded on my Nook and I cannot wait to start it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment