Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Verity

 

I was playing around learning how to use Libby when I saw Verity was available. Have heard a lot about Colleen Hoover but not having read one of her stories I decided to give it a try. 


Lowen is trying to figure out how she is going to make her finances work when her agent is approached asking her to finish a book series for a popular author who had a car accident. Unable to believe her good luck Lowen quickly accepts the assignment and is soon in over her head as she wades through the boxes of documents in the authors home office hoping to find an outline or even basic ideas for the authors seventh book. 


I was not sure what to expect from Verity since the title is just name of a character in the story. My major complaint is that the story had far too many adult scenes and I get why that was important but it does make me wonder if all of Hoover's books are like that. The writing was smooth and I never struggled with any of the transitions. Despite having several side characters I really only felt like Lowen was the character I got to know and she was a bit needy at times which annoyed me. Lowen's big terrible secret was sort of boring and never really explained fully just glossed over which was frustrating since it seemed to bother Lowen a lot. While I liked the overall plot line of Verity I am not sure I will seek out further work by Colleen Hoover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment