Saturday, June 17, 2023

Apples Never Fall

 

I was pretty sure I had read something by Liane Moriarty before and when I saw Apples Never Fall was available in the E-library I checked it out. 


Joy is missing and despite a text of gibberish no one knows where she is or even if she is alive. Her four children want to believe their father is innocent but he does not seem overly concerned that his wife is gone and fresh scratches are on his face. 

This story was a hot mess. I thought I was reading a mystery about what happened to a wife who suddenly disappeared with a husband not willing to talk about the day she disappeared. Instead I got a story about four adults who are complaining about their life and never take accountability for their actions. It was so boring I quickly skimmed parts to pick up the key points of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment