Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Year My Sister Got Lucky

 

Since I have not learned how to use Libby yet I choose a random book in my Nook library. I believe The Year My Sister Got Lucky is an old Free Friday book. 


Everything was told from the younger sisters point of view and boy was Katya (or Katie) annoying as heck. While I understand she is a fourteen year old girl all she did was complain. It was clear Katie was majorly jealous of her older sister, Michaela, and her talent at ballet. If only she could think about someone else and their personal struggles maybe she would have been more relatable. 


While I did not like the personality of Katya I did enjoy how the writing was consistent, it went smoothly and never had hiccups that left me confused. Besides Michaela all the other characters felt one dimensional and more like an after thought which was disappointing. I wanted to see Katya get closer to people besides Micaela. It was nice to take a break from all the mysteries I have been reading lately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment