Monday, June 12, 2023

Girl, Forgotten

 

The first book I checked out on the Libby app and no where did I see Girl, Forgotten was the second book in a series. 


Emily is pregnant and unsure how, having no memory of the event she decides to investigate and attempt to figure out who could be the father of her child. Soon though she is asking the wrong questions and ends up barely clinging to life in a dumpster. Sadly Emily does not make it but her child does and years later a freshly initiated Marshall has reason to figure out who killed Emily and fathered her child. 


Andrea just wants to forget her father and that he is in prison but suddenly his past comes back to haunt her. Having graduated as a full fledged Marshall Andrea is shocked she is being given an assignment protecting a judge. Determined to do her best she is floored when she learns the assignment takes place with an unsolved murder and the town her father grew up in. 


Since I knew nothing about what Clay had done to Andrea and her mother I was in the dark about that it was never explained but mentioned a few times. I did not really feel a connection to Andrea but I did Emily. I skimmed a lot of parts just taking in the main parts of this story and nothing from the previous story. The writing was okay it switched between the past and present every chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment