Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

 

I do not recall where I got The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo but I figured I needed a break from mysteries for awhile.


While not sure what to expect I did not really enjoy the story after the first two marriages. Evelyn is ruthless and willing to do what it takes to get to Hollywood and get her chance at becoming a movie star. I liked that part her doing what it took no matter what to rise to the top. Once she got to the top the story took a distract turn that I felt was boring. This left me highly disappointed in around three fourths of the story it just felt repetitive and like Evelyn really gained nothing for fame from her last five marriages. 


Despite transiting between the past and present I never was confused what time period it was or if it was about Evelyn's life or Monique's life. The writing was fine the story just got boring for me and it became a chore to finish reading it around husband number four. 

No comments:

Post a Comment