Sunday, January 8, 2023

Trail of Poison

 

Trail of Poison is the third book in the Emily Swanson series and I actually bought it. I never buy mysteries but the three libraries I have cards to did not have the book and I invested in the story. 


Emily is running out of money and needs a job to be able to pay her bills. Finances get more dire when Jerome informs her he will be moving out. Happy for her friend but sad to be loosing his company Emily is suddenly contacted by a woman whose husband supposedly committed suicide. Determined to help the widow find out what really happened Emily is thrust into a wild world of lies, murder, and the unknown.


Trail of Poison was my least favorite of the series so far. The ending did not feel full filling and while Emily did react like a normal human I still felt like the case was left open. With that said it is possible the case will continue on with the rest of the series. I was also blind sided by Jerome's nationality being revealed, I have no issue with him being black but I don't recall that being said in any other books. I have had a fever for days so I could have just forgotten that part. Despite not enjoying the story ending as much I purchase the fourth book, Watch You Sleep, since none of the libraries have it either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment