Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Selection

 

I had put off reading The Selection for years because people told me it was not good. Really I should not have listened to any of them the story is exactly what I expected it to be a love triangle with shallow characters. 


America is not interested in entering the lottery to try to compete against other girls and have the prince choose her to be his bride. Instead her heart lies back at home with a boy who is a caste below her. Unable to forget her previous love American is torn when she realizes how normal the prince is. 


Not much to say about the plot line since it is pretty basic but it kept me reading. My only issue was with so many girls you really only got to know America, most of the other girls were mentioned in passing. I am hoping that will change since less girls remain in the competition for The Elite

No comments:

Post a Comment