Monday, January 30, 2023

The Elite

 

The Elite is the second book in The Selection series. 


Things are heating up with 29 girls having been sent home and America still cannot decide which boy she wants. Determined to buy herself as much time as possible America goes all out doing her best to disrupt the order in the castle. Wanting Maxon to step out of his comfort zone she quickly comes up with a devastating plan to ruin her chances at staying in the selection. 


At times I thought I saw America growing as a person but then she seemed to shrink back into herself like she was doubting what she was doing which was frustrating. The other characters stay pretty much shadows since they are not fleshed out much. I wish you got to know more about the girls and not just one or two. I get 35 was a lot to write about but 6 is a much more manageable number. Despite that I do still want to read The One.

No comments:

Post a Comment