Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Among the Enemy

 

Among the Enemy is the sixth book in the Shadow Children series. I was hoping Luke/Lee would be lead once again but that was not the case.

Matthias knows what it means to survive, he has been doing that all his life. Forced to care for two younger illegal third children when their guardian is killed Matthias has a deep rooted fear of the population police. When a raid rounding up the children from the school occurs Matthias knows they have to escape no matter the cost. Due to bad planning and just plain bad luck both of the younger children are seriously injured thus leaving Matthias alone to deal with several problems at once. After some hastily made decisions Matthias is recruited by the population police. Terrified he will be found out Matthias does not wish to the play the dangerous game of rebel spy.

I understand this is a middle school book but things fall into place so easily at times. Also a lot less action then previous books, I had to force myself to keep reading since I was bored. One book in the series remains and I really hope Luke/Lee is the main character again. At this point it does not really feel like the population police are going to fall easily so I am eager to know how that will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment