Sunday, March 13, 2022

A Reaper at the Gates

 

A Reaper at the Gates is the third book in the Ember in the Ashes series. Once again the story is told from three different points of view along with a small part told from a fourth characters point of view. 


I am still struggling to feel connected to the characters. Laia is my favorite but I do not think I would have freaked out if she had been killed or even had something really horrible happen to her. She is just too focused on saying her people forgetting that her people are the reason another whole race was decimated. 


Helen has a one track mind, protect the people of the empire and keep her sister safe from the emperor. Neither one ever goes well for her, time and time again she falls into the commanders traps. They seem to obvious and even her higher ranking officers are unable to help her stay out of the traps. It is sort of sad to see her try to hard and fail over and over.


I really feel like Elias was given the short end of the deal, he barely had any page time, and the little he had involved little to no character development. 


Since a friend gave me the series I will finish it up with the fourth book but I do need a break from all the blood and gore that occurred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment