Sunday, January 2, 2022

Finale

 

Finale is the third and final book in the Caraval trilogy. I have been eager to read Finale but also dreading the wonderful tale ending. 


The story is told from the two sisters points of view as they navigate the dangerous yet beautiful world of Caraval. Tella is heartbroken and unsure how to tread after the way Dante treated her but she does have her sleeping mother to dote upon. Determined she will wake up Tella wants to be the first face she sees and thus is reluctant to leave her side. 

Scar is torn with her feelings once again. Julian has disappeared without a peep for weeks and in a sour mood from it Scar agrees to meet with her former fiancé. All is going as Scar planned until Julian shows up at the last moment possible and insists on going with her. 

Like previous stories it does not take much for the colorful world of Caraval to start to fall apart. Soon the Fates are running amok as Scar and Tella attempt to keep fixing their mistakes. Determined to set things right the two sisters embark upon dangerous tasks as they learn the deadly cost of magic. 


I really like Stephanie Garber's writing style, it reminds me beautiful poetry excellently woven into a tale that has me whispering one more chapter late into the night. Every character no matter how minor is fleshed out with something that makes them unique and memorable. I loved how the ending came together and not once was I struggling to continue with the story. It is rare I find a trilogy where I feel all three books are strong in their own account. I look forward to reading more of Stephani Garber's work even if it is not set in the world of Caraval. 

No comments:

Post a Comment