Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Incarceron

 

Since I am having problems getting books from the library due to massive waiting lists I went to the local second hand shop and browsed. The lovely cover of Incarceron instantly drew me into grabbing it. 


Honestly I do not even know where to begin with how bad Incarceron is. The story jumps around, words are introduced that are not explained. It is great if an author wants to use their imagination and add words to their story but include a glossary or at the very least a footnote explaining the definition of the word. Even having finished the story I still do not know a good definition of what some words mean. 


Claudia is a spoiled rich girl who knows nothing of life except to be pampered and handed anything she wants. The only person she fears is her father who is the warden of Incarceron. Finn cannot recall his life before waking up in the cell and crawling into the light. He has an odd tattoo on his arm and those in Incarceron revere him as a starseer. 


The writing was a mess with the story jumping around everywhere, characters had almost no growth or if they did it did not really fit into the story. Since I had nothing else to read I kept on with Incarceron but it is one of the most disappointing books I have read in a long time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment