Monday, February 15, 2021

Gilded Cage

 

Gilded Cage is the first book in the Dark Gifts trilogy. Since Covid has hit I am struggling to get books from the library I happened to see Gilded Cage on the home page as one the librarian recommended and it was available to check out. After reading it I see why it was available for check out.


The idea behind Gilded Cage sounded so intriguing and original in a a way. Modern world with a small percentage of people who have skill and normal people having to serve ten years as slaves since they lack skill. My biggest complaint with Gilded Cage was for a trilogy the story has way too many points of view occurring. Everything jumps around so quickly and nothing is really revealed to keep the story moving forward. I have read high fantasy that deals with a lot of characters and I do enjoy that but with this style of writing and such a short series it flat out does not work. I feel like I was unable to get to know any of the characters, get a good grasp on the plot, or even really care what happens to most of the characters.


I did check out the second book last night because I wanted something to read before bed but I am not sure if I will continue with it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment