Monday, February 1, 2021

Butterface

 


I randomly choose Butterface from my nook library. I am not sure if it was as old Free Friday or a freebie I downloaded at one time. 

 I will admit the cute cover drew me into the story and so did the idea of a plain Jane accepting who she was and dating the hot cop. While the story started out like it might go that way it took a very different turn. I did not enjoy how Regina constantly ran herself down it was tiring to read about how she felt too ugly to be with someone who was not in her class of looks. It was also annoying how everyone constantly seemed to talk about her lack of a lovely face. I do not feel like that happens in real life at all. Around the half way mark the story really started to change and the plot pretty much disappeared as hot and steamy scenes start to appear. At this point I just started skimming the story.

Really the best part for me was the cute cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment