Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Diplomat's Wife

 

I had no idea The Diploma's Wife was technically the second book in a series. That said I did not struggle to understand the story and while I may have grown closer to the characters in the story I do not feel like I missed out on what happened due to not reading the first book.


Marta works for the resistance and to save her best friend she shoots a Nazi. In return she is shot and taken prisoner for questioning. Refusing to give up information Marta sufferers brutal treatment at the hands of the Nazi's until she is rescued by some American soldiers who take her to a camp for the liberated. Determined to find her way Marta slowly works on getting better and to her shock is reunited with the American solider, Paul, who saved her from the prison. Feeling all is finally going well in her life Marta once again loses her sense of security in an instant when she is forced to leave the camp and travel on her own towards America. 


I really liked the story but at times chapters seemed a bit mundane. Those few chapters I did sort of skim until I got to more of the meat of the story. With twists and turns things caught me off guard and I appreciated the writing style that was smooth yet mostly entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment