Friday, March 1, 2019

The Capture

The Capture is the second book in The Prey trilogy. I am happy to say that The Capture did not suffer from what I call second book syndrome.*

Having made it to the next territory everything is golden for Book, Hope and the rest of the survivors that is until Book decides he has to go back for the rest of the LTs in Camp Liberty. Along with some other LTs and Sisters Book works on leading the group back into the hostile territory doing his best to avoid traps and the danger that lurks all around them.

Hope did not seem to want to go back to rescue anyone so I am a bit surprised she agreed to go along with the group. Even though part of The Capture is told from her point of view I still feel like I do not really have a good feel for who Hope is. Maybe it is because she is just empty from Faith being murdered and let her emotions go numb.

I am not really sure why I am so adsorbed in The Prey series it is not my usual type of story, too gritty, yet once I start reading I struggle to put down the book and do something else. The writing is alright and the character development a bit weak at times. Maybe it is because so many bad things keep happening to the group of survivors that I just need to read to finally see something good happen to them. No matter what is going on I already have the third and final book, The Release, checked out.


*Second book syndrome is a term I use to describe a trilogy that starts out with an awesome page turning first book and the second book totally goes downhill. I only finish the trilogy to find out what happens because something was left unanswered from the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment